Consulting

Thread: Switchboard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Mentor
    Switchboard

Is there any advange to using a "switchboard" over a series of menus created in unbound forms?

Which is the most efficient to use?

Thank you

VBAX Guru
    I prefer Unbound Forms as they are more versatile. I suppose it is possible to mix the 2 by adding things to the Switchboard, but as I never use them I haven't tried.
    Being an Old BASIC Programmer where you had to generate all your own files and menus the unbound form is natural for me to use.

VBAX Mentor
    Yeah, I too have always used unbound forms, however, I've just taken over the task of restructuring/reprogramming a database from someone else who has used a switchboard, and I wondered if there was any advantage to this or not.

Switchboards are ok, in fact I have to work on one myself next week and an dreading doing it. The advantage of them is ease of use for the user to just click and fire an event. I prefer UBound forms as well but different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Peace of mind is found in some of the strangest places.

VBAX Newbie
    Unbounded forms for me are not only more versatile, but MUCH easier to use. It works in a way that is obviously more logical to the user setting it up. Switchboards are extremely confusing if you don't know what you're doing.

Besides, designing something in a list of text, instead of graphically is always far far inferior.