Consulting

Thread: Enable/Disable TextBox based on Option Selection

VBAX Newbie
    Enable/Disable TextBox based on Option Selection

I have a UserForm with 3 option buttons. Below the option buttons I have a text box that is only necessary when the third option button is selected. I need to know how to make the text box dimmed and disabled unless the third option button is selected. The third option button is called "optpriority3" and the text box is called "txtcomptime". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

txtCompTime.Enabled = True
    End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    txtCompTime.Enabled = False

End Sub
    [/vba] In each of the other option button Click events, you'll need to add

[vba]txtCompTime.Text = ""
    txtCompTime.Enabled = False[/vba]to clear out the field if they change their mind and select another option button.

David

VBAX Newbie

VBAX Wizard
    Me, I would make the textbox either visible and enabled, or not visible. demo attached. Click "Show Me" on the top toolbar. Depending on whether Priority 3 is true, or not, the userform dimensions change, thus making the textbox either visible, or not. The commandbutton just does an Unload Me.

VBAX Wizard
    Me, I would make the textbox either visible and enabled, or not visible. demo attached. Click "Show Me" on the top toolbar. Depending on whether Priority 3 is true, or not, the userform dimensions change, thus making the textbox either visible, or not. The commandbutton just does an Unload Me.