Consulting

Thread: Extract Data from Outlook and populate it into Excel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Newbie
    Extract Data from Outlook and populate it into Excel

Hey there,

I am desperately looking for a way to populate fields in Excel from emails in outlook.
    I recieve requests via an excel attachment that is mailed to me. i am looking for code to search Outlook for all mails that have a subjuect called "MarkTest" and the attachment and extract the data from the excel attachment and populate it on the master excel sheet (the one with the code). it also need to be able to do a lookup of an ID that is on both excel sheets and insert the infomation to the right of the code under the same headings.

i.e. the exccel sheet that is sent to me has the following headings ID,Name, Surname, age and comment as does the master sheet. i want the code to match teh ID from the email and paste it by the Corresponding ID on the master sheet. the master sheet will have all the IDs already populcated in column A.

this is also be able to update existing data on the master sheet, with the mail with the latest recieved date taking priority.

I have seen many codes that do somehting similer to this but i am not able to adate them to this, i am also new to VBA. so if you can send an attachment with the code that would be FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Regards,
    Mark Blackburn
    Last edited by MarkCBB; 06-30-2010 at 09:54 PM.