Consulting

Thread: Ribbon management in Excel-2007

Ribbon management in Excel-2007

Dear all,

I am using Excel-2007 and need some help on Ribbon management. I want, for some of my excel files the entire Ribbon-bar should be invisible. Currently what is happening is that if I make Ribbon invisible, then it becomes effective for all open excel files, however I want to make it invisible for some of my excel files.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your time.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
    Just add that code to the workbook activate event, and the converse to the deactivate event.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Thanks Xld, it is what I wanted

Hi Xld, I got another problem. When I execute that code entire menu bar gets missing. Therefore I tried following code to show the menubar but still hide the Ribbon:

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
        Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
        CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Visible = True
    End Sub
    However it generates error. Can anyone please tell me what is the correct code?

Thanks,

Which menu bar are you referring to? CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar") is a 2003 concept not 2007.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Dear Xld, please see the attachment. I make a red circle on what I meant as Menu Bar.............

Problem is that, when I run above code, this menu bar is also disappearing. How to stop that?

Thanks,

I thought that might be what you meant. Unfortunately, those are the ribbon captions, so when the ribbon goes, they go.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by arrun
    Problem is that, when I run above code, this menu bar is also disappearing. How to stop that?
    hi arrun, I have found another solution for ur problem.instead of making Ribbon Invisible, v need to minimize it so that the Menubar is displayed.

So try the below code in window activate n deactivate proc.

Application.SendKeys ("^{F1}")
    Hopefully it should work

Hi khushii thanks for this reply. It is ok, however is there any code which will check whether ribbon is activated or not?

Thanks,