Consulting

Thread: unhandled win32 exception

unhandled win32 exception

I have a program working on one computer.

I moved it to a second computer. It has a sign on screen and then a main menu. When going to the main menu I get the following error message:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in MSACCESS.EXE (3236)

When I allow it to go into debugging mode (something I have no familiarity with), it gives me the following error message:

Unhandled exception at 0x300f8ef4 in MSACCESS.EXE: 0xC00000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000009

Can anyone translate this error into English? Is this possibly a problem with different versions of MS Access?

VBAX Guru
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...5-ddd8700651c7

I kind of resolved the problem myself.

When the copy took place, for some reason the program queries were stripped of the links between tables.

Since the main menu (switchboard) had 4 different list boxes with associated queries running, the lost links caused the program to self-destruct.

When the queries were re-linked, the program now appears to be working.

Thanks for your input.

On another note, I tried uninstalling MS Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition (in accordance with one of the articles that was suggested in a response) and the uninstall failed. It hangs up in the middle of the uninstall and must be closed using Task Manager.

It's always something.
    Last edited by DBinPhilly; 07-23-2010 at 03:23 AM.