Consulting

Thread: Is it an Error?

Is it an Error?

"The Command or action 'DeleteRecord' isn't available now" - Is it an Error? If not What it is this? How to Trap this and show my custom message. It comes when you delete a record in newrecord state - the Last blank record in a continous form.

"The Command or action 'DeleteRecord' isn't available now" - Is it an Error? If not What it is this? How to Trap this and show my custom message. It comes when you delete a record in newrecord state - the Last blank record in a continous form.
    Are you in Debug mode? You cannot run DoCmd.RunMenu acDeleteRecord or acSaveRecord if you are stepping through code.

Set your breakpoint after the command if you still want to debug.
    If you're not in debug mode... ignore me.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

Imdabaum. You did not understand my question. I asked the question Because the Sentence "The Command or action 'DeleteRecord' isn't available now" cannot be trapped by OnError. So I doubt it's an Error or an access default dialog. If it's not an Error how to trap it?

I don't understand your question. How are you trying to trap it? Why do you need to trap this?
    Can you post the code you are using?
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

Imdabaum, It comes when you delete a record in newrecord state - the Last blank record in a continous form. I need to trap this because I need to show a custom message and do some operations when this scenario comes. How to trap this.