Consulting

Thread: Access 2003 and 2007 in a same machine a very prolonged problem.

Access 2003 and 2007 in a same machine a very prolonged problem.

I am having Access 2003 and Access 2007 installed in my machine. My Access 2003 was working fine before I installed Access 2007. But After installing 2007 I am getting this error Message "The expression Onclick you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events" whenever I click a button or do any events. But its mandatory for me to have both the versions installed in my pc. How to tackle this problem. Actually why this happen?
    Last edited by prabhafriend; 07-26-2010 at 09:43 PM.

I had to do that once. It resulted in a few corrupt databases. You may need to try compiling and find where the corruptions exist. Then copy the code to notepad. Delete existing code and then replace it. That was one way I managed to skip rebuilding. I won't say it was the right thing to do, but on a short time window it did the job until I could convince everyone to just switch to 2007.

Other steps you might want to look into:
    1. Convince management to let you switch to 2007 all together
    2. Go to the VBE. Click tools and then click references and see if there are any missing references. It is possible that one of the .dll files was copied over, or moved in the installation process. By general standards it's best to not have more than one on a machine, but from experience you can't always convince them.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by prabhafriend
    I am having Access 2003 and Access 2007 installed in my machine. My Access 2003 was working fine before I installed Access 2007. But After installing 2007 I am getting this error Message "The expression Onclick you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events" whenever I click a button or do any events. But its mandatory for me to have both the versions installed in my pc. How to tackle this problem. Actually why this happen?
    Access 2007 does not play well with previous versions.

I use two options:

1) Install Virtual PC (preferred)

2) do a custom installation and put each version is a separate folder.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach
    Microsoft Access MVP -2010-2015

Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11