Consulting

Thread: Solved: Exit and Exit Full Screen

Solved: Exit and Exit Full Screen

Hi,

My third post after two very successful posts yesterday!

I have a button in a spreadsheet that when pressed, will exit the spreadsheet without saving.

[vba]Sub CloseNoSave()
    'Close the workbook without saving it
    ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
    End Sub[/vba]

I have a VBA that will put excel in full screen mode (hide all of the toolbars) when entering the spreadsheet.

What do I need to do to my code to enable full screen again before exiting?

Many thanks for any help

Andy

[vba]application.displayfullscreen = false[/vba]

But I would have expected that to be triggered by the BeforeClose event from here: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33737
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Puls
    [vba]application.displayfullscreen = false[/vba]

But I would have expected that to be triggered by the BeforeClose event from here: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33737
    Hi Ken,

Yes, sorry - my earlier post related to the standard exit button which now, thanks to you works perfectly!

Now I have created an exit button which will close the document without saving when pressed. However, like my last post I now need to include the code to restore the toolbar.

To put it another way - currently when I exit through the red X at the top right the toolbar restores before closing the worksheet. But when I press my new button the worksheet closes but the toolbars are not restored.

I did try the code you have just suggested but not sure where to put it in my existing code?

[VBA]
    Sub CloseNoSave()
    End Sub

[/VBA]

Thanks yet again Ken

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andybuck86
    Hi Ken,

Yes, sorry - my earlier post related to the standard exit button which now, thanks to you works perfectly!

Now I have created an exit button which will close the document without saving when pressed. However, like my last post I now need to include the code to restore the toolbar.

To put it another way - currently when I exit through the red X at the top right the toolbar restores before closing the worksheet. But when I press my new button the worksheet closes but the toolbars are not restored.

I did try the code you have just suggested but not sure where to put it in my existing code?

[vba]
    Sub CloseNoSave()
    End Sub

[/vba]

Thanks yet again Ken

Andy
    Your code worked a treat - can't thank you enough