Consulting

Thread: Personal.xls???

Personal.xls???

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this?

I have written some Macro's and stored them/embedded them in my personal.xls workbook so that I can use them all the time.

I want to transfer these macro's to my work collagues so they can use them too. What is the best way to do this?

The way that I was going to do it was save the macros as a text file, E-Mail it to them, open it at their PC and copy them into their personal.xls file.

The problem that I encountered was that they did not have a personal.xls file. I tried saving one down from a blank workbook and copying the macro text, but that did not work either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

B.

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Ask them to create a Personal.xls, export your macros and get them to import the .bas files in to their personal.xls
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Save it as an addin, and store that addin in their XLSTART directory.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber