Consulting

Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi, I'm Justin. I've been coding vba for 5 years, I learned by recording, and becoming familiar with the terms. My goal in what I write is efficiency. As few lines possible, 100% linear, no sub-routines, no indenting, and no commenting. It's clean and I can read it as though it were a book. I guess that's about it.

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Hi and welcome, i pretty much agree with your ethos however, in the spirit of help forums both commenting and indenting help the not so skilled in VBA understand how the code works and is sectioned.

Here (and at one other forum ) the indenting is taken care of for you automatically when you use the VBA tags (green outlined VBA button)
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Hi, I'm Justin. I've been coding vba for 5 years, I learned by recording, and becoming familiar with the terms. My goal in what I write is efficiency. As few lines possible, 100% linear, no sub-routines, no indenting, and no commenting. It's clean and I can read it as though it were a book. I guess that's about it.
    Really? No subroutines, no indenting. Must remember not to read any of your code!

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Newbie
    Loyalle here.I am newbie and i hope i will enjoy here while visiting this forum.
    I SHOULD NOT SPAM LINKS

I am also a newbie, and want to learn about the VBA coding, i don't know anything about this, hope after participating in this forum i will gain a lots of knowledge about the VBA coding.