Consulting

Thread: How to make a routing slip?

How to make a routing slip?

How do you add a routing slip to a word document? I have searched the help file and nothing is coming up for me. A search in this site did have one mention, but not a "how to".

Thanks.

VBAX Wizard
    Uh justme...no offence, but did you look up routing slip in VBA Help? This IS a VBA site. If you look up "routing slip" in VBA Help, not only is there an entry, but a sample piece of code ...and, well, it works.

Note 1: there are actually a number of entries - look up RoutingSlip object first.

Note 2: In the sample code in Help, the Recipient name must be in your Contacts. If you want to use a non-Contacts address it must be fully qualified.

If you need further Help, post back.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

Something like: [VBA]
    Option Explicit
    Sub RouteIt()
    With Application.ActiveDocument
    .HasRoutingSlip = True

With .RoutingSlip
    .Subject = "I have a routing slip"
    .AddRecipient Recipient:=test@VBAX.com
    .AddRecipient Recipient:=TestII@VBAX.com
    .Delivery = wdOneAfterAnother 'choose the right one!
    .ReturnWhenDone = True
    End With

.Route
    End With
    End Sub
    [/VBA]

The users will have to choose File/Send to /Next recipient to forward to the next one in route when there finished with the document.

From the File/Send to menu you could also set it up manually but this would be difficult for me to explain because my Office version is in Dutch!

Enjoy!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

Sorry mist your entry because I had the reply to topic open (half typed) while I was having a drink.....

Indead the F1 explanation of the Routingslip Property does pretty much the same...

_________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.

VBAX Wizard
    Joost, you are SUCH a gentleman. justme...there you go. Joost has provided a good example. Makes me seem rude, which I hope I was not, but....hmmmm. Use Help.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Joost, you are SUCH a gentleman. justme...there you go. Joost has provided a good example. Makes me seem rude, which I hope I was not, but....hmmmm. Use Help.
    HUH??? You rude??...

Not really your advice is the same as mine I just expanded a little bitt with one of my buildin routines in Normal.dot...yours is only a button away! (F1)

You the man!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...t=routing+slip

This is what I found when doing a search on this site

when I type in routing slip in word help I get the following offering: Remove personal or hidden information.

when I type in document routing I get the following offering: Reply to resume submission with correct routing

route document: same as above

I did several searches and did not find code or the description I was looking for. I thought I was doing the proper searching before posting a question. Perhaps my help files are not all they should be?

Should I assume through your code that the place you have to assign a routing slip is only through VBA code? There is no place you can just click and route for one person?

I work with a document that on close it says it has a routing slip and wants to know if I want to send a copy to a certain individual. Is this done with the code above? Then if you want it to go to 2, 3 or more you keep adding .AddRecipient Recipient? Has anyone invented the code to add to send to next recipient button? Thank you in advance.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...t=routing+slip

This is what I found when doing a search on this site

when I type in routing slip in word help I get the following offering: Remove personal or hidden information.

when I type in document routing I get the following offering: Reply to resume submission with correct routing

route document: same as above

I did several searches and did not find code or the description I was looking for. I thought I was doing the proper searching before posting a question. Perhaps my help files are not all they should be?
    Nothing wrong with your helpfiles buth you're looking in the wrong place.

If you want code then you should first open the editor (ALT+F11) and just press F1 for VBA help (Or if you know the word type it , select and press F1)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme
    Should I assume through your code that the place you have to assign a routing slip is only through VBA code? There is no place you can just click and route for one person?
    No you don't this is a quote of my previous post, which states the manual method with the wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS MASTER
    From the File/Send to menu you could also set it up manually but this would be difficult for me to explain because my Office version is in Dutch!
    Quote Originally Posted by justme
    I work with a document that on close it says it has a routing slip and wants to know if I want to send a copy to a certain individual. Is this done with the code above?
    No it isn't that's the routingslip working there. (So no coding is needed the manual version to forward to the next recipient I stated in my previous thread)

Enjoy!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

VBAX Wizard
    And as I posted, this IS a VBA site, and I asked if you looked in VBA Help.

The fact that you asked about routing slip means that you are talking VBA. If you looked up send email in Word Help, it explains all about how to send documents with email, both as email attachments, and as body. If you are now asking about NOT using VBA, then type in "send email" into Word Help. It has the information.

What, EXACTLY are you asking about? Please ask directly for what you want. You mention a document with a routing slip. Do you want to remove it? Do you want to automate its routing? Do you just want to understand what is going on? That is fine, and we (the gang here) are willing to do that. But please tell us what you want.

Please state exactly what you want.