Consulting

Thread: ComboBox crashes in 2002, SP3 but works fine in 2010

VBAX Regular
    ComboBox crashes in 2002, SP3 but works fine in 2010

I have a ComboBox in Excel worksheet and VBA code associated with. The code is crashing in Excel 2002, SP3 but works fine in Excel 2010.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    SJM

Why not use data validation on the named range instead of code? I don't have 2002 but there seems to be a problem with something in the code when you run it so avoid it...

see attached
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Regular
    Why not use data validation on the named range instead of code? I don't have 2002 but there seems to be a problem with something in the code when you run it so avoid it...

see attached
    Thank you for taking time to respond. I appriciate your help.
    The worksheet that I incldued was a simplified version to explain the problem. Yes, I could use the DataValidation. However, some of my data are too long to fit in the DataValidaton dropdown list. And, I understand I can make the column wider temporarily. I have done my homework on the subject and thought the Cobmobox was more flexible to manipulate. I was hoping someone else would have come across the problem and may have the solution. By the way I am using the method suggested here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal14.html

SJM