Consulting

Thread: Range Dynamic Query

Range Dynamic Query

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to select an entire row dynamically? This piece of code

Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlToRight)).Select
    only selects to the next empty cell where as I want to go from eg column A at any given row to column IV???

Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers
    Phil
    Last edited by pfuglsang; 06-07-2005 at 05:28 AM. Reason: solved

Administrator
    Chat VP

Welcome to VBAX. You mean something like this?

Sub EntireRoe()
    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select
    End Sub
    HTH,
    John
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Hi John,

You are a legend, I have been trying to figure out that code for the last couple days...it works a dream!!!

Thanks
    Phil

Administrator
    Not a prob Phil, glad to be able to help...

Regards,
    John

(PS can you go to thread tool at the top of the thread and mark this solved pls? )
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Hi AND WOOPSSSSS....

I dont know which world I was just in but that didnt actually solve my problem....even though it was the right answer to my question...sorry! I need it to work from a specific cell across to the end of the row....????

ActiveCell.Cells(1, 3).Select
       ' move to this cell 

Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlToRight)).Select
        ' select all the cells to right of selected cell
    This is what I have been working on but when this code encounters a blank cell it will stop at that cell and selection, where I need it to continue to the final column eg IV.

Is there a way you can use in the ActiveCell.End( <end><shift><enter> ) keyboard keys as that would work??

Thanks again & sorry my bad
    Phil

Administrator
    'stops at 1st non-empty cell
    Range(ActiveCell.Address & ":" & ActiveCell.End(xlToRight).Address).Select
    End Sub

Sub TryThis2()
    'carries on to IV
    Range(ActiveCell.Address & ":IV" & ActiveCell.Row).Select
    End Sub

Ok, thats working... thank you very much for your time, sorry again!!!

Cheers
    Phil

Administrator