Consulting

Thread: Problem installing Format Functions add-in

Using Office 2007, I was able to download the addin but it will not install??
    Scooter172

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

Will Not install

I unzipped the file, attempted to open the EXE file and got an error. Not at home till tomorrow so cannot give exact text. It was something to the effect that it was not a Valid ADD-IN.. at any rate. I will attempt it again but cant until tomorrow PM
    Scooter172

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    There is no EXE file. Are you sure you got the right file? The link from this site? It's a ZIP file, with 3 files inside. I'm attaching the file to this post. If you got the EXE file from this site, please let me know where exactly.

Zack, This is the error code I get after downloading and opening the zip file. Once I open the file I see the three files, a dll. the text and the app. when I double click on the excel addin to open it I get this error text. I have all macros enabled.

The following error has occurred with the ‘Auto_Open’ procedure:-
    Error Number:1004
    Error Description: Cannot run the macro ‘FunCustomize’. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.
    Scooter172

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    I moved the posts to your own thread, which you should have started in the first place.

You should be installing the add-in as they normally should. What version are you using? How are you installing it? I don't have a problem installing it. Please provide details to how you are installing.