Consulting

Thread: What will be needed for this?

What will be needed for this?

I have racked my brains on this . This is the place where I got the best advice. So I decided to place it here. I've attached a document showing my idea of creating it.

It would be a many-users-using-changing-data-at-a-time kind of application with some administrative control. This makes it 2nd incomplete activity I have on my projects list.

How do I go @ it?
    What components / softwares are required?
    How to go @ developing it?
    Please

Any books or websites suggestions are most welcome. Since this is what I do in my free time...this also does not have impending Deadlines.
    Regards,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shrivallabha
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using Excel 2016 in Home / 2010 in Office

VBAX Newbie
    I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if this works for me Thanks and keep posting such a informative blogs.

VBAX Newbie
    i am still following this post to get some new from here. anything new guys

That is not very much information to be able to help you with.

The "many users at once" means that you will need to use a Database engine such as MS Access, but Access is not real robust with many users. In any case, do some research on Databases to choose the one you will want.

The first step in developing any application is to define all the data points and how they interact. Excel sheets are good for this as you can use a different sheet for each DB Table. All you need to put on the sheet is Column Headers to represent DB Table fields. Name each sheet as if it was a DB Table. You then can use the rest of the sheet for notes.

Get back to us when that is completed.

It is only after you decide which DB to use that you can start deciding how to proceed.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ