Consulting

Thread: pagebreaks

VBAX Tutor
    pagebreaks

Hello,

I am trying to format the printing of a sheet so that there is a page break every 39 rows.

I do :-

With Worksheets("ExcessReport")
    .Activate

LastRow = .Range("F" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$I$" & LastRow

.ResetAllPageBreaks

For i = 39 To LastRow Step 39

.Rows(i).PageBreak = xlPageBreakManual

Next i

End With

But when I look in page break preview there are page breaks at row 45 and 90 and none on row 39 etc

Can anyone help

Thanks
    Phil

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Worked fine in my simple test Phil. Can you post the workbook?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Tutor

I am not allowed to post the actual workbook as it has a lot of client info in it so I made a replica of the relevant sheets.

The reason there are two sheets is that I use 1 (i.e. Sheet3) to import the data from a .dat file. I then do a text to columns operation on this data. I then select it and copy it into the report sheet (i.e. Sheet2).

The reason I try to clear the page breaks is that I re-use the workbook each day. Every day the use opens the previous days workbook presses a button 'new' which then saves the workbook down with the new date and clears all the import and report sheets reasy for a new days calculation and reporting.

The reason I use a page break every 39 rows is that the imported data is such that this cuts it off at a relevant place (the first one is set at row 40 to take account of the headers)

I hope this makes sense

Thanks for your help
    Phil

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Here, when printing is set to landscape I can only fit 33 rows to the page, so there are extra pagebreaks. To get 39 lines to fit I had to reduce the .PageSetup.Zoom to 85. Otherwise it ran perfectly.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    As p45cal hinted, because you have the zoom factor set to 100, it can't get 39 rows on a page, so it inserts an implicit pagebreak at the end of the page, after line 33. But you code adds explicit pagebreaks at row 39, so you get another after a few lines. As p45cal said, changing the zoom factor to 85 fixes it.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber