Consulting

Thread: Solved: Excel 2003- Can a formula in a cell detect how many rows are above it?

VBAX Expert
    Solved: Excel 2003- Can a formula in a cell detect how many rows are above it?

I'm wondering if a formula in a cell can count how many rows are above that cell, if and when the sheet calculate event if triggered.

I want to use this so that during a selection change, or calculate sheet event, I can determine if the row count in the used range has changed since the last Selection Change and/or Calculate event fired.

I was thinking that if this is possible, then I will not need a solution to my other post here on a different subject, but related:
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35423

Thanks,

Frank

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Just check Target.Row, there are that many -1 rows above it.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Expert

Actually this post idea was my lame effort to work around my issue at another thread that you just a minute ago solved for me:
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...315#post232315

Because of your wealth of knowledge, and generosity with your time, both threads are now solved. - AND, I'm feeling quite nice now, for a least the rest of the day, and perhaps through the weekend,,,, thanks so much

Hope the rest of your week, and through your weekend, are also nice for you.