Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Multiple Charts with dynamic ranges

Sleeper: Multiple Charts with dynamic ranges

Hello,

I frequently analyze data with charts and have to copy the same chart over and over again...select the new range...yada yada yada.

The problem is that the ranges are not the same height (# rows).

For example:

Category Segment # of Items Dollars
    Gum Fun 30 1000
    Gum Fun 40 2500
    Gum Fun 45 3000
    Gum Mild 20 1200
    Gum Mild 18 1700

Assuming that the list continues and the values for Category change...How can I create the same chart (let's say a column (dollars) and line (items) chart) for each "range"??

I have limited programming knowledge (but a good imagination). I was thinking that one way could be to loop through the list and identify and then name each range. The second part would be to loop through the ranges and create the charts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Site Admin
    Jedi Master
    You can certainly loop through the range and create charts specific to each range. Can you post your workbook so we can have a closer look at your data and what you want to accomplish?

Hello,

I frequently analyze data with charts and have to copy the same chart over and over again...select the new range...yada yada yada.

The problem is that the ranges are not the same height (# rows).

For example:

Category Segment # of Items Dollars
    Gum Fun 30 1000
    Gum Fun 40 2500
    Gum Fun 45 3000
    Gum Mild 20 1200
    Gum Mild 18 1700

Assuming that the list continues and the values for Category change...How can I create the same chart (let's say a column (dollars) and line (items) chart) for each "range"??

I have limited programming knowledge (but a good imagination). I was thinking that one way could be to loop through the list and identify and then name each range. The second part would be to loop through the ranges and create the charts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ...or perhaps you only need one chart.

Maybe think about a macro that would either:
    A) Cycle thru the ranges and produce an image of the chart referencing the range.
    B) Create one chart that includes all ranges as seperate series, then use a simple autofilter to toggle hide/show just the series you want.

Sometimes better to not have 100's of chart objects stored in your app if you can help it.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Grand Master mdmackillop's Avatar
    Welcome to VBAX.
    If you want to post data, click on the Go Advanced button below the message box, and click on the Manage Attachments button. You will need to zip your excel file in order to send it. Please remove any "sensitive" data, email addresses and the like.
    Regards
    MD