Consulting

Thread: Solved: CountIF using two criteria

Solved: CountIF using two criteria

Hi,

I need help in counting values by two criteria. attached sample file.

in summary sheet total number of carry forward calls for each ASP has countif formula to count total calls for that ASP.

i want if the call type is "Volume Spare" then it should not be counted against that ASP.

Example: say ASP Caravan has 23 calls (other calls + volume spare calls)
    but i want to show 11 calls only since there are 12 calls on volume spare.

I heard SUMPRODUCT can do this for me, but unfortunately i do not know how to use it for my requirement.

Please help

Raj
    Attached Files Attached Files

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

CountIF using two criteria

ASP means (column N). Authorised Service Provider (ASP)
    caravan is an ASP similarly VINTEC is another ASP.

i need to exclude volume spare call type for each ASP and count number of other calls.

hope this clarifies.

Column N is Customer Type in the file that you provided, and there is no Caravan that I can see.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

oops!, my mistake - i attached a wrong file
    please find here is the correct one

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Open Calls'!$N$2:$N$100=B3),--('Open Calls'!$B$2:$B$100="Volume Spare"))

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

Hi Xld,

it works for one situation only. if ASPs other than caravan have calls which are not Volume Spare are resulting to 0.

I need to exclude only volume spare calls from the list and count the rest for each ASP.
    Please see the attachment.

Regards
    Raj

just use same function with "if" like below

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--('Open Calls'!$N$2:$N$100=B2),--('Open Calls'!$B$2:$B$100="Volume Spare"))=0,COUNTIF('Open Calls'!N:N,Summary!B2),SUMPRODUCT(--('Open Calls'!$N$2:$N$100=B2),--('Open Calls'!$B$2:$B$100="Volume Spare")))

Hi Xld,

it works for one situation only. if ASPs other than caravan have calls which are not Volume Spare are resulting to 0.

I need to exclude only volume spare calls from the list and count the rest for each ASP.
    Please see the attachment.

Regards
    Raj
    Surely, that formula does just that. By comparing to B3, you can drag-copy it down and it adjusts.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

thx xld and mohan

that's what exactly what i did. but the sum formula in the bottom row is not calculating the change.

hence re writing like this succeeded

[VBA]=COUNTIF('Open Calls'!$N:$N,B2)-SUMPRODUCT(--('Open Calls'!$N$2:$N$1000=B2),--('Open Calls'!$B$2:$B$1000="Volume Spare"))
    [/VBA]
    Raj
    Last edited by rajkumar; 01-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Open Calls'!$N$2:$N$100=B2),--('Open Calls'!$B$2:$B$100<>"Volume Spare"))

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    For lngCol = 1 To lngColMax

If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("Settings").Range("D1221"), Sheets(CStr(lngTabelle)).Cells(1, lngCol)) <> 0 Then
    Sheets(CStr("F" & lngTabelle)).Cells(2, lngCol).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISERROR(YEAR('" & lngTabelle & "'!R[0]C[0])),'" & lngTabelle & "'!R[0]C[0],IF(YEAR('" & lngTabelle & "'!R[0]C[0])=YEAR(NOW()),CONCATENATE(DAY('" & lngTabelle & "'!R[0]C[0]),""."",MONTH('" & lngTabelle & "'!R[0]C[0])),CONCATENATE(MONTH('" & lngTabelle & "'!R[0]C[0]),""."",RIGHT(YEAR('" & lngTabelle & "'!R[0]C[0]),2))))"
    Else
    Sheets(CStr("F" & lngTabelle)).Cells(2, lngCol).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(R1C<>0,INDEX('" & lngTabelle & "'!R2C1:R" & lngRowMax & "C" & lngColRaw & ",,R2C[182]),"""")"
    End If

Sheets(CStr("F" & lngTabelle)).Cells(2, lngCol).AutoFill Destination:=Range(Cells(2, lngCol), Cells(lngRowMax, lngCol)), Type:=xlFillDefault
    Sheets(CStr("F" & lngTabelle)).Range(Cells(2, lngCol), Cells(lngRowMax, lngCol)).Copy
    Sheets(CStr("F" & lngTabelle)).Range(Cells(2, lngCol), Cells(lngRowMax, lngCol)).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats[/VBA]

the problem is, that i need to change the lngCol expression in the CountIf, because it copies it from -for example - column 36 to column 36, but i have to distinct it, so it doesn´t put it on to column 36 but into an active column in Sheets(CStr("F" & lngTabelle)).Cells(2, lngCol) - which is in my case column no.23.
    And if this is false, then it copies the values into right columns

so the question is:
    Can i put R1C or R1C<>0 or something like that in here
    CountIf(Sheets("Settings").Range("D12 : D21"), Sheets(CStr(lngTabelle)).Cells(1, lngCol)) <> 0

it keeps refusing it if i put R[0]C[0]... any ideas?
    Last edited by dani9; 04-06-2011 at 05:47 AM.