Consulting

Thread: How to install Calendar Control 11.0

Site Admin
    Jedi Master
    How to install Calendar Control 11.0

I made a program at work and am using Calendar Control 11.0 with Excel 2003. On one person's PC the calendar looked all messed up and I checked the version and they have Calendar Control 8.0 on their maching, but they are using Excel 2003 as well.

So what file do I need to add so they will have the correct Calendar Control version on their PC (which will hopefulle fix the problem)?

Thanks

Site Admin
    Jedi Master

The file is MSCAL.ocx if anyone else was wondering. For some reason the other PC had 8.0 even with Office 2003 installed, so I am not sure how that file is installed automatically.

I removed the old ocx and replaced with the 11.0 version and everything is working.

You've correctly identified the relevant file - MSCAL.ocx. Glad you got it sorted.

From memory the problem arises because the control isn't a part of Excel - its typically installed with Access. So the version of the file may well depend upon the version of Access that the users have.

This particular control seems to cause no end of problems one way or another. For people with missing controls you may have some luck here. For those seeking an alternative you might like to consider Tushar Mehta's add-in or there are a few at OzGrid.

Site Admin
    Jedi Master
    Thanks Richie, Ill take a look. The Office version is 2003 across the board. The Windows version was 2000 so maybe that had something to do with it?