I'm wanting to automate the population of several formfields as a result of the selection in one dropdown.

eg. Dropdown contains Banana and Potato

Want to pick one of those and have the "Type" and "Color" formfields populated.

Thus is if Banana is selected in the dropdown, "Type" formfield would be filled in with "Fruit", and "Color" would be filled in with "Yellow".

I primarily use Excel, and this sort of task is common for me there. I'm not figuring out how I'd accomplish this strictly in Word though.

Where would I store the correlation of these elements? In Excel I'd just reference a Range where I keep all these attributes.

The real example is a choice of about 25 Items in the dropdown, and then populating about 20 attributes associated with the choice scattered around the document, not all neatly in one spot.

I have a list in Excel with 25 rows, and 20+ columns with all of that data. I don't want users to see a table of data. Do I need to reference the excel worksheet to perform this task? Or is there way to "store" this information in a "hidden" manner within the Word Template? Anything like a "veryhidden" sheet in Excel where I could stash the table of data?