Consulting

Thread: Excel workbook "access denied"

VBAX Contributor
    Question Excel workbook "access denied"

hi excel gurus, i bump into a shared folder and there was one workbook that if i access thru the network it shows "access denied by administrator" but if i access the file thru the local pc, it will just open normally.

i ask the person who's using the file, she told me she didn't do anything. so how in the world did this thing happen? thanks for any ideas.

VBAX Regular

of course nobody ever did anything with a file.
    Are you sure it's an Excel problem? Or rather something your network admin could resolve?

Since you say that you "bumped" into it through a network folder, how did you access it "locally"? Isn't that contradictory?
    Regards,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shrivallabha
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using Excel 2016 in Home / 2010 in Office

VBAX Contributor
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by IBihy
    Hello,

of course nobody ever did anything with a file.
    Are you sure it's an Excel problem? Or rather something your network admin could resolve?
    yup, you're right it could be some security settings of the file. actually, got a lot of stuff to do so wasn't able to think about the security issue, what i did actually, to solve the problem. i open it locally and save it to another file. thanks.