Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Footnote Reference Formatting Bad

VBAX Regular

Select Format, then Styles and Formatting, go to the Show dropdown menu and choose ?Custom?, then click Styles, highlight footnote reference, choose modify, format, font, check Superscript, then check Ok, (here you can check the ?add to template? to add it to the Normal.dot), then click Ok, and then click Apply.

That changed the footnote style for the entire document, including new footnotes.

However, one thing I don't understand is what is a "Style" format and how do you use it and how do you delete it from Normal.dot. Somehow, I now have a "Style Footnote Reference" which makes the footnote red (came from the doc that Dreamboat saved above). I can delete it in any document, but can't figure out how to delete it in Normal.dot. Also, I'd like to know what the hell that's used for.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out of this. I have 2K and posted exactly what I did, which worked for me. I don't know what's different in XP.
    Enjoy,
    Tony

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.
    Teach him how to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

I'm (slowly) building my own site: www.WordArticles.com

VBAX Regular
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out of this. I have 2K and posted exactly what I did, which worked for me. I don't know what's different in XP.
    You helped significantly--just that the menu structure is a bit different. But you gave me the idea of where to look. I finally searched the help in Word and even that didn't explain it correctly (or I should say completely) so it was a combination of hunt and peck until it worked. But I learned a lot about Styles.

BTW to delete a new style from Normal.dot, go to Tools, Templates and Add-ins, Organizer, and delete it there.