Consulting

Thread: Detecting the class in a span

Detecting the class in a span

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help, I am hitting a blank here for some reason and yet it seems like it should be a simple task.

I have a page, when a tab is selected, it shows this:
    <span id="ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_TabSearchContainer_TabResultPanel_tab" class="ajax__tab_active">

When that same tab is not selected, it shows:
    <span id="ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_TabSearchContainer_TabResultPanel_tab" class="">

I am working on a code and that code will need to know if the tab is selected or not but I am hitting a wall.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    What are we talking about here, a page/tab in what?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Sorry

It is a web page that I log into, once there I enter an account number to pull up archived accounts.

There are two tabs on the page, a search and a results.
    If a result is found for the search, the result tab is automatically made active with the results posted below.

I bascially need to be able to detect if that tab becomes active after the search.

Does that help?
    I would link the site but it is an internal one, I could try link more of the code if that would help.

Okay, been looking it over, another idea would be if I could pick up if the script for the below runs.
    If I have it right, this part pops up a form letting the user know no records have been found, and "shadows" the background.

If you could help me with a way to detect if the script was initiated that would help allot.

[VBA]
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopupBehavior, {"BackgroundCssClass":"modalBackground","DropShadow":true,"PopupControlID": "ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_PanelModalMessage","PopupDragHandleControlID" :"ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_PanelModalMessageTitle","dynamicServicePath" :"/o2sa/aspx/DocumentSearch.aspx","id":"ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_ModalPopUpMessage"} , null, null, $get("ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_hiddenTargetControlForModalPopup"));
    });
    Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopupBehavior, {"BackgroundCssClass":"modalBackground","DropShadow":true,"PopupControlID": "ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_PanelModalPreferences","PopupDragHandleContro lID":"ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_PanelModalPreferencesTitle","dynamicServ icePath":"/o2sa/aspx/DocumentSearch.aspx","id":"ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_ModalPopupPreferenc es"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_MainContentPlaceHolder_hiddenTargetControlForModalPopup2"));
    });[/VBA]

There is more to the script, but this was the only part that looked relevant, if you need more, just say.

I am way out of my depth, so if I missed somethig out you need, just say.

Thanks