Consulting

Thread: Solved: Embedded Spread Sheet

Solved: Embedded Spread Sheet

Not sure if this is a Word question or Excel..I think its more Excel..

I am using Word/Excel 2007....

I created a word document with an embeded spreadsheet. I saved the document as a 97-2003 document because some people use Word/Excel 2003.

When the Word doc is opened using 2003 the embedded document wont work because I used Excel 2007 to create it. I thought if I saved the Word doc as 97-2003 it would work.

Any ideas on a way to save it so the Excel embedded sheet will work?

thanks in advance

VBAX Mentor
    Did you try saving the excel in 2003 format and then embedding it in to word document?
    I am a Newbie, soon to be a Guru

Hrmmm no...

I created the spreasheet while in word...insert object..then edit the spreadsheet from inside word...

How else do you do it? create a spreadsheet outside of word...then insert the sheet?

VBAX Mentor
    You could even insert object from file, While I tried to replicate what you said. I am running on office 2010. When i Insert Obejct I have a option available called "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 worksheet". I believe you inserted "Microsoft excel worksheet'. I cant seem to think of anything else. I think inserting a 97-2003 sheet should solve your problem.
    I am a Newbie, soon to be a Guru

Ok...got it..

I created a spreadsheet in Excel and saved it in 97-2003 format...then inserted it into word and wala

thanks guys