Consulting

Thread: "rotating object with 360 degrees"

VBAX Newbie
    "rotating object with 360 degrees"

Can be created an VBA code in power point 2003 for "rotate an object with 360 degrees" (a car for example)

I think that one method would be the images overlay.
    Can we read the cursor position on the slide (on a scale..perhaps) to change pictures forward or backward ... and in this way to give the impression that the car turns ?

VBAX Expert
    Can be created an VBA code in power point 2003 for "rotate an object with 360 degrees" (a car for example)

I think that one method would be the images overlay.
    Can we read the cursor position on the slide (on a scale..perhaps) to change pictures forward or backward ... and in this way to give the impression that the car turns ?
    that depends on the axis of rotation. Assuming a 2D image then the axis of rotation is "out of the screen" and any rotation is around that axis. However, if you rotate an object 360 degrees, it is in its original orientation. Or do you mean you wish to rotate the object any number of degrees up to 360?
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.

VBAX Newbie
    that depends on the axis of rotation. Assuming a 2D image then the axis of rotation is "out of the screen" and any rotation is around that axis. However, if you rotate an object 360 degrees, it is in its original orientation. Or do you mean you wish to rotate the object any number of degrees up to 360?
    I do not know if that depends on the axis of rotation...but I do not think it is necessary
    I have the object in 3D (Catia,3DVia) and I can do the photos how many number of degrees I want.

I want a Macro to insert the all pictures in the same slide (in the same position) and to change pictures forward or backward to give the impression that the object turns

I do not know how to do this Macro...but I'm thinking to put all the pictures in a folder (in a certain order)
    After that the Macro takes the pictures and put them in slide (in the same order). when we drag the mouse to the left or to the right the pictures can change between them...

VBAX Master
    It would be possible to write a macro to insert (in alpha order) and give each an animation of maybe flash once. It's not possible (well not simple) to make the series of animation continue looping it would stop after one revolution. The only simple way is to make the whole slide loop.

How much vba experience do you have. Do you need hints or someone to write the program?
    Here is the basic code
    Sub do_this()
    Dim sFolder As String
        Dim sFileSpec As String
        Dim sFileName As String
        Dim osld As Slide
        Dim opic As Shape
        Dim oeff As Effect
        Set osld = ActivePresentation.Slides(1)

' Edit this to suit don't miss out the last \:
        sFolder = "C:\Users\John\Desktop\Pics\"
        sFileSpec = "*.JPG"

sFileName = Dir$(sFolder & sFileSpec)

While sFileName <> ""
        'numbers are left,top,width and height edit as needed
            Set opic = osld.Shapes.AddPicture(sFolder & sFileName, False, True, 10, 10, 120, 100)
        sFileName = Dir()
        Wend

End Sub
    You will have to do more work to make the movement controllable. Probably by moving the correct image to the front based on the value in a spin button.
    Last edited by John Wilson; 04-03-2011 at 04:20 AM.
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

I think for this you need to make a copy for the rotation clip in your photoshop or any editing application then you can insert that clip to your ppt.
    Youtube Vanced