Consulting

Thread: Reuse slides

Reuse slides

Hi

Powerpoint 2010/Windows 7

I'm would like to populate the list of files that appears in the task pane when New Slide - Reuse Slide is selected. I need to do this for over 1000 pcs.

This information appears in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Powerpoint\Slide Libraries\TaskPane MRU ... but each entry contains more than just the path - and I dont know how to generate the extra information that appears.

Does anyone know how this can be automated?

Alternatively, is there a vba way of adding to the list of files? I can't even find a way of doing SlidesReuseSlides (which is the toggle button that will display the reuse slides task pane.

Tks

You can natively assign a default folder for the "Reuse Slides" feature by doing this:
    1. In PPT, go to File > Options.
    2. On the SAVE section, under "Default file location" type in the path you want to be the default folder in this field.
    3. Now do one of the following:
      • Add "Reuse Slides" to your Quick Access Toolbar ... or ...
      • on the menu, choose HOME tab > "New Slide" dropdown > "Reuse Slides"

4. When activated, you will see a taskbar appear on the right side of your screen.
    5. Click on "Open a PowerPoint File" and point to one of the files in your default folder. This will show all slides in that file to insert into your currently open presenation.

Note: The "reuse slides" feature forgets its settings if you close and open PowerPoint again. So you would have to do steps 4 & 5 again each time you open a fresh instance of PowerPoint.
    Office 2010, Windows 7
    goal: to learn the most efficient way