Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: FEM Solution using Excel/VBA

Sleeper: FEM Solution using Excel/VBA

I am trying to find Moment and Shear Force in a continuous 1D beam element using stiffness matrix method.

Please let me know if somebody has solved the problem using VBA in excel.

Thanks

Administrator
    Chat VP

This is more of an engineering problem, perhaps there is someone reading that has done this specific problem, but have you tried a Google search for this?

Here's one link I came up with http://www.unhas.ac.id/~teknik/ce/ce.../freeware.html but I'm not an engineer so I don't know if there is anything useful there for this problem.

Regards,
    John
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Hi John,
    Though I could locate some software on web (google search); I was not able to locate a solution in Excel/ VBA.

May be I will try to do the calculations manually and try program it in VBA with an expert help. (such as you).

I will post an excel sheet with calculations in the same post shortly.

regards/surya