Consulting

Thread: Cell to Cell comparison and color coding

Cell to Cell comparison and color coding

I hope this doesn't sound complicated I'm new here to VBAX so hi to all of you (currently working on a IS project for Toyota so any help is appreciated I'm sure I'll be here a lot!! I'll try and give back as much as I take.) (open)

So I set up an interesting spreadsheet that lets users enter in price information and then can click an "archive" button which then inserts a new cell, prompts for an archive name, and then stores it as a database which access then queries for the mass amounts of information. (summary)

The archive in column E:E has a bunch of price information and when the user clicks "archive" it then needs to compare the cells in F:F (archive location) to the old archive (now G:G) to show any price changes with a color. (Problem)

I need to compare each cell to the cell next to it and if they equal then change the new archive cell to yellow (to show no changes). I started an If Then Else function for each range but that's tedious and needs to be programed for each individual cell *yawn*

And lookup function on conditional formatting that says if cells("E:E") = cells("F:F") then color that cell yellow.

Thanks for all your help!

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Simply, highlight the column where you would like the colour change (assuming it's column F) then go to FORMAT>CONDITIONAL FORMATTING in the dropdown change from Cell Value Is to Formula IS, so if you are putting the results in column F but are comparing column E with column G then your formula would be =E1=G1, choose a pattern or colour click OK, now your whole column will have the right condition for each cell.
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)