Consulting

Thread: Macro to select unknown, named table

Question Macro to select unknown, named table

Every week, I get 5 different Excel workbooks that each contain 1 table only. The table is always named, but I can't be positive that it's the same name constantly. The table always starts in cell A1. One of the workbooks I receive contains 3 columns of data, and I delete Column B because the data is irrelevant for my purposes. The other 4 workbooks only contain 2 columns of data, Column A data is always eight numbers, and Column B is always a date dd/mm/yy.

I need to convert each table to a data range, select the data range and rename that "Table1". The reason why is because when I get the 5 different Excel workbooks, the data range may be longer than the table, and I want to capture all available data into a new table (I don't know how to extend an existing table to the last filled row).

For instance, the table may be Row 1 through 10, but the data may be from Row 1 through 15.

Once I am sure all the data is captured into a table, I add a few rows of text. Then, I cut and paste the values into a new, larger Excel workbook that aggregates all the data and sorts it.

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    This may get you started on the right track
    [vba]Sub SelectRename()
    Worksheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Select
    ActiveSheet.ListObjects.Add(xlSrcRange, Range("$A$1:$F$20"), , _
    xlNo).Name = "Table1"
    Columns("B:B").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
    End Sub[/vba]

The used range in this case was A1:F20.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link