Consulting

Thread: Slow Macro Execution

Slow Macro Execution

Have some macros I have been using flawlwssly for a year. There has been no changes to the code. Recently these have begun to execute slowly, so much so it is almost more economical timewise to use the standard menuing options to accomplish the task. It's an Office 2003 environment. I note no new processes, and resource utilization seems reasonable, a spike of 10% .. from 3 to 13 ..

Thoughts?

VBAX Master
    That's not nearly enough information to give more than the broadest of thoughts. Here are a few:

1. Just because *your* code hasn't changed in a year, doesn't mean Microsoft's code hasn't changed in a year. It also doesn't mean some other application/addin on your desktop/in powerpoint hasn't been modified to adversely affect whatever it is your code is doing.

A few more clues about what your code is doing and how it is doing it would probably help to have others give some hints on how to proceed.

Hey Frosty .. THANKS for the response.
    I was somewhat "short" in providing details for the reasons you state.
    I initally thought a MS patch of some sort caused the issue and was hoping as such it impacted another user simularly .. and they had discovered a resolve.

I have since discovered that is not the cause of my issue, but the causallity may be of interest to forum members ..

What I DID FAIL to mention is the macros reside in a external ppt file to the ppts using them. I had copied the macro file to a network share nad it is this file that now get referenced vs the local copy when I attempt to run the macros. I suspected this may be the issue and confirmed when I closed the share and the macro bombed.

NOW .. if someone can point out where I can redirect these calls to the proper file .....