Consulting

Thread: "Auto-Accept" spelling mistake in textbox

"Auto-Accept" spelling mistake in textbox

I have a series of textboxes with non-english, alphanumeric codes in them. Because they are not real words, they appear as being misspelled.

I would like to auto-accept the mistake - essentially the "ignore all" function. I would like to check the text within the box when it is created and have the mistake accepted immediately.

Here is the single line from the macro I recorded (in excel mind you... but the object language could be changed to reflect word):

[vba]Sub SpellingTest()
    '
    ' SpellingTest Macro
    '
    '
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
    End Sub[/vba]

That's the extent of what I've been able to find. I've googled a bit, but can't find a solid answer on how to auto-accept the mistake. I don't need to correct it, just transparently accept it.

VBAX Master
    Have you looked up the concept of "No Proofing"? It is in the Language box (where, depends on the version).

However, conceptually: "No Proofing" is a font formatting characteristic. If you have (for example) an entire column of text you know you don't need to spellcheck, you can simply select the column, and then (in Word 2010, as an example, go to Review > Language > Set Proofing Language > "Do not check spelling or grammar" checked on)

In Word 2003, as another example, it is located in Tools > Language > Set Language.

Again, that will affect what you have selected, not the whole document.

EDIT: reread your post, and noticed the alphanumeric note. There is also an option in spellchecking to ignore words that contain numbers... which would be an even simpler solution.