Consulting

Thread: Solved: Dates as X-Axis for multi-series line or xy chart

Solved: Dates as X-Axis for multi-series line or xy chart

Hi All,

Once again - I am rather embarrassed that I am making this post ...

I would like to make a line or xy chart where each series represents a separate project. I would like the lines to intersect at points where dates at shared milestones are the same. I would like to have dates on the horizontal or X-Axis and plan to hide the vertical or Y-axis.

I've attach an example file and also tried to reproduce what I see on this link with no luck:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ValueAxis.html

I would like to reproduce the chart with one of the data sets in the example file. The file also contains a working version of a simple line chart (of what I want), but the date data will not be in the same format as what I need to chart, so I'm seeking an alternative solution (that uses data set 1, 2 or 3).

Thanks in advance!

BB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Using this guide :

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...001034605.aspx

Came up with the attached file - don't know if this is of any use to you to customise from then on?

(I have left the first series with a red border whereas in the guide you set this to None as well to make it invisible)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Apps,

Thank you for the quick response!

This is great and I think I can definitively use it in my dashboard, but I was looking for a point when lines intersected. The Gantt stacks intersection points based on a date located on the x-axis.

I am going to play around some more with BurnDown examples and see if I can get a little closer.

Thanks again!

BB