Consulting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Avatar

My Avatar

Blast! my dragon doesn't have wings! How the blazes is he expected to fly??? Or to look Welsh, for that matter.

I was going to say, though, that it's a pretty cool avatar! Even if he isn't Welsh or winged! LOL!
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Why, thank you!
    Perhaps he's still a infant dragon and still has to grow wings? (But doesn't he blaze that fire in a neat way?)

Give him time and one day he will fly and be a true Welsh man!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

Blast! my dragon doesn't have wings! How the blazes is he expected to fly??? Or to look Welsh, for that matter.
    This is the true look of Chinese Dragon found in Chinese Legends.... It come without wings....So, it fly without wings...

It was written in ancient literature that these dragons is actually Kings of the Four Seas...(North, South, East, West Seas)..
    Well, I don't believe the legend ...just to share the knowledge...

Maybe the dragon miss the way back to China and went to Wales in England...

No wings OR sense of direction! LOL!
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Wales... in England?

If you came to Wales and said that, you'd better be wearing protective clothing!

Wales and England are in the United Kingdom sheeeng! Just though I'd share that knowledge with you

Wales... in England?

If you came to Wales and said that, you'd better be wearing protective clothing!

Wales and England are in the United Kingdom sheeeng! Just though I'd share that knowledge with you
    Sorry,

Never been to England or United Kingdom...
    Sorry bout that...
    Can you tell me the difference between them?
    Thx.

Sheeeng, I was only joking, my friend. There is a bit of (usually) friendly banter between the English and the Welsh on the matter of national identity!

But, since you ask: The country we call the U.K. is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The capital city of Wales is Cardiff; Edinburgh is Scotland's capital, Belfast is Northern Ireland's city, and London (which is in the news today) is England's - and more importantly - is the Capital City of the UK. So in a nutshell - Wales is in the UK, but it is not in England - it borders England's west side.

A short geography lesson! But you know more about Britain than i know about Malasia!

Ciao!

May be because bcos yr dragon first learned to fire
    it will have wungs only after it stops firing
    b cos i thought that it is not multifuction dragon
    A mighty flame followeth a tiny sparkle!!

Sheeeng, I was only joking, my friend. There is a bit of (usually) friendly banter between the English and the Welsh on the matter of national identity!

But, since you ask: The country we call the U.K. is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The capital city of Wales is Cardiff; Edinburgh is Scotland's capital, Belfast is Northern Ireland's city, and London (which is in the news today) is England's - and more importantly - is the Capital City of the UK. So in a nutshell - Wales is in the UK, but it is not in England - it borders England's west side.

A short geography lesson! But you know more about Britain than i know about Malasia!

Ciao!
    Thx for free geography lesson..

I'll compile a comprehensive geography lesson on Malaysia in return later....

Malaysia make up of 13 states and 3 federal territory.

The 13 states (negeri-negeri, singular - negeri) Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Pulau Pinang, Sabah, Sarawak, Selangor, and Terengganu; and one federal territory (wilayah persekutuan)

The 3 federal territory is Kuala Lumpur (the capital of Malaysia) aka locally as "KL", Labuan, and Putrajaya(not capital of Malaysia yet, but is the Government Administrative Center).

I live between KL and Putrajaya...My school located somewhere in between also....

More information...

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/my.html

http://www.geographia.com/malaysia/

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Wales - Where Men Are Men & Sheep Are Worried
    MVP (Excel 2008-2010)

Post a workbook with sample data and layout if you want a quicker solution.

To help indent your macros try Smart Indent

Please remember to mark threads 'Solved'

Wales - Where Men Are Men & Sheep Are Worried
    Now that's fighting talk where i come from...

(You're lucky I moved)
    Have a profound problem? Need a ridiculous solution? Post a question in Babydum's forum

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Well actually, the UK( or the United Kingdom) is a shortened form of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great (or Greater) Britain is a political term for the three countries of England, Scotland and Wales, formed by the Act of Union of 1707, when the political incorporation of Scotland was completed (Welsh union having been ratified by acts of Parliament in 1536 and 1543). Great Britian does NOT include the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands. As should be obvious, the term British refers to people of Great Britain, not of the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdom came into being by the Act of Union of 1800, which at that point included the whole of Ireland, what is now known as Eire and Northern Ireland. This situation existed until the establishment of the Irish Free Statre in the early 20th century, whereby the 6 counties of Northern Ireland together with Great Britain formed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Isle of Man and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey are not part of Great Britain, they are not part of the United Kingdom and they are not part of the European Union. They are self-governing British Crown dependencies.

And we haven't even started on Wessex yet.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Guru MOS MASTER's Avatar
    Wowie...who would have thought a simple dragon question could lead to such a interesting story!

Quote Originally Posted by xld
    Well I do love history so please keep 'm comming?
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

Well pardon me for not eating a history book for breakfast!

CND, you don't half crack me up sometimes. And Wessex? What about Essex - home of the blonde? Where does one stop?

Quote Originally Posted by xld
    Well actually, the UK( or the United Kingdom) is a shortened form of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great (or Greater) Britain is a political term for the three countries of England, Scotland and Wales, formed by the Act of Union of 1707, when the political incorporation of Scotland was completed (Welsh union having been ratified by acts of Parliament in 1536 and 1543). Great Britian does NOT include the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands. As should be obvious, the term British refers to people of Great Britain, not of the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdombcame into being by the Act of Union of 1800, which at that point included the whole of Ireland, what is now known as Eire and Northern Ireland. This situation existed until the establishment of the Irish Free Statre in the early 20th century, whereby the 6 counties of Northern Ireland together with Great Britain formed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Isle of Man and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey are not part of Great Britain, they are not part of the United Kingdom and they are not part of the European Union. They are self-governing British Crown dependencies.

Have a profound problem? Need a ridiculous solution? Post a question in Babydum's forum

The United Kingdom came into being by the Act of Union of 1800, which at that point included the whole of Ireland, what is now known as Eire and Northern Ireland. This situation existed until the establishment of the Irish Free Statre in the early 20th century, whereby the 6 counties of Northern Ireland together with Great Britain formed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Thx! I'll share wit you the history of Malaysia later....
    Let me have the time to compile....

ps. history of Malaysia has relations wit British..

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    CND, you don't half crack me up sometimes. And Wessex? What about Essex - home of the blonde? Where does one stop?
    Well pardon me DummyBabe! Is that where uour moniker comes from, the blondes of Essex? I have already shared ny anti-colonial views on Wessex with you, so you should be aware. If you ever stayed in one place long enough, you might get some roots.

Anyway you started it when you picked on poor Sheeng
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDum
    Wales... in England?

As for where does one stop, they can cast Essex off from Great Britain anytime they want for me. In fact anywhere except Wessex, one way to get our independence.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber