Hi All,
I have an issue with copying the data range from Excel to PowerPoint. I have been looking for an answer for a couple of days with no luck so far. The case is that I have a range of cells (let's say it's 10x10) and I need to copy it to a PowerPoint presentation and then set it's height, width etc.

The mechanism of copying data works fine however I can not set a size after copying the data. What I get after copying the data in a typical way is a PowerPoint.ShapeRange:

[VBA]
Set selectedSlide = PresentationInstance.Slides(SlideNumber)
sourceWorksheet.Range(RangeStartCell, RangeEndCell).Copy

Set newShape = selectedSlide.Shapes.PasteSpecial

newShape.TextFrame.AutoSize = ppAutoSizeNone

newShape.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue

newShape.TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = FontSize
newShape.TextFrame.MarginBottom = CellMargin
newShape.TextFrame.MarginTop = CellMargin
newShape.IncrementLeft (PosX)
newShape.IncrementTop (PosY)

Call newShape.ScaleWidth(WidthRatio, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft)
Call newShape.ScaleHeight(HeightRatio, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft)
[/VBA]

The code above works fine but there are two disadventages:
1) The table is unreadable as the whole formatting is crashed
2) I can not set the Height/Width directly - just through scalling

I do not want to use an image (as there will not be a possibility to edit data any more). I have tried pasting the data as OLE object but then the user has an access to whole workbook after a double click not just the data from the range (maybe there is a way to work it around other then copying the new data into a new workbook?).

The preferred way would be to resize the data copied in a default format (I suppose it's HTML) as it's the most comfortable for the end user to operate. I believe there should be a way to resize the table in some acceptable way. I would even accept the scaling but I would like to get a readable format. All looks good when I resize it manually. I have even recorded a macro and tried to apply the same code in the script but the output is unacceptable.

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards,
Isengrim