Consulting

Thread: How to create a Dynamic List on a Separate Worksheet

Unhappy How to create a Dynamic List on a Separate Worksheet

How do I create a dynamic list on a separate worksheet? I have included an example of how I want it to look. There is a list of Employees, The offices where they work, and their titles. On a separate worksheet, I want it to dynamically create a list of each employee by the office that they work in minus those that have retired. I also want them listed on the second worksheet with the Manager first and everyone else alphabetically under the manager. I want it to look like an organizational chart. I did the sample manually to illustrate what I need. My original list has over 200 employees, so I definitely need a way to have this done automatically. I just created this one as an example. This is so frustrating!!

Excel 2003
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Mentor

Might be able to help you if your still interested? you might have to change the way you are doing it at present.
    Do you want a sample of creating a dynamic array for the data ?

Rob

Yes please help. I still need to know how to do this. Thank you.

VBAX Mentor

Sample back with Dynamic arrays created, look at defined names on MList tab then look at the formula. It is possible to combine the data into 1 column, But the formula gets very complicated!!!!!..

I have created a pivot table from the main data perhaps you can you use this to display if not , I'll look at the other part sometime over the weekend.

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files