Consulting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: some rows wanted

VBAX Regular
    Sorry for MY late reply, had a few days off... no computer

This file confuses me a lot... the color-cells are no longer in row L M N O and don't work like they did before, or do't work at all... could you please take a look

thank you soo much and sorry for all the trouble

JP

thanks for your reply
    Sorry for MY late reply, had a few days off... no computer

This file confuses me a lot... the color-cells are no longer in row L M N O and don't work like they did before, or do't work at all... could you please take a look

thank you soo much and sorry for all the trouble

JP
    As you have requested earlier, I have pushed the color coding as below:
    L ---> Q (Rood)
    M ---> R (Oranje)
    N ---> S (Groen)
    O ---> T (Geen)
    So now you will have to click in column Q, R, S, T.

The coloring part, will look confusing [result of requests], but it will give you better color-filter results with heading. Check the color filtering.

Now, the color change occurs only in the ranges which are neither title nor blank cell. To reduce your confusion what I have done is:
    Border cells which need the color changing ability. e.g. Row 13, 14 and 15.

See attachment
    Regards,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shrivallabha
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using Excel 2016 in Home / 2010 in Office

VBAX Regular
    I don't want the "color-cells" of the items themselves in column QRST
    What I suggested was the following (hoope I can explain it better now)
    Leave the "color-cells" in column LMNO (immediatly next to the items, BUT
    if the "cdolor-cells" of the TITLES, would be in column QRST, you could, maybe hide these colums to increase readability...
    (do you understand what I try to explain now???... hope you do!)

Also, when I change the color in row 13 -14 -15... the color of cells in row 16 changes too.... ????

Sorry to bother you soo much
    JP

The change in color at row 16 improves readability when you set color filter (earlier title and blank row would be invisible when we used color filter).

I don't think, setting title color in different is bright and good idea [especially from coding perspective]. And hiding will be worse. I am already observing a slow down due to code and event overload (thanks to my programming ).

So it will be good, if we leave it the way it is right now!
    Regards,
    Shrivallabha

VBAX Regular
    Sorry Shrivallabha, but the way it works now is verry confusing
    Would it be easier if we no longer use colors but characters in the "color-cells"?
    JP

VBAX Regular
    We had a discussion over here... is it easier to write the code if we would drop the color-stuff and enter characters 1 - 2 - 3 to indicate "green-orange-red"
    ??? hope youy still want to help me out!

Many thanks

JP

Refer column M for setting colors. The cells that should need color have Data Validation (In cell dropdown) e.g. M13, M14 & M15 etc. Title and blank row do not have them. The reason for choosing column M is it leaves one blank cell between the color cell and data (clutter removal).

Select the color from your set [rood, oranje, groen]. The cell color will be set based on color selection so that you can easily identify the color selected.

I think, I have tried almost everything that I know. I hope you will understand. I am attaching what could be my last attempt at this excercise!
    Regards,
    Shrivallabha

VBAX Regular
    Will check some thing out

Many thanks for your effords.... whish I could do something in return

JP

VBAX Regular
    Whan I want to add new items, is it OK for the code to copy-past current rows and change the text in column B??
    Can I change the color of the text in the listboxes??? now I get a green cel with the text "Green"... I understand this text is needed for the filtering but if I could change the color of the text itself in the same color as the cell the text would be hidden (I read something like Target.Interior.ColorIndex in de code, maybe I could change something here)
    sorry to have bothered you!
    thanks
    JP

if I may.... 2 questions
    Whan I want to add new items, is it OK for the code to copy-past current rows and change the text in column B??
    Can I change the color of the text in the listboxes??? now I get a green cel with the text "Green"... I understand this text is needed for the filtering but if I could change the color of the text itself in the same color as the cell the text would be hidden (I read something like Target.Interior.ColorIndex in de code, maybe I could change something here)
    sorry to have bothered you!
    thanks
    JP
    1. Yes. I want to you to understand the concept of Data Validation. Search it up on google. The listboxes are data validation.

You can copy and change the contents as you need. See Excel's option of Copy>Paste Special>Validation in column M.

2. Use
    [VBA]Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3[/VBA]

I am attaching the revised workbook for your ease.
    Regards,
    Shrivallabha

VBAX Newbie
    I have added two more rows as you specified. Please do not add rows as I have hard coded the starting row part and then code will not work correctly.

I am attaching the revised file. I have changed the revision from R0 to R1.0 to avoid confusion.

I have added two more rows as you specified. Please do not add rows as I have hard coded the starting row part and then code will not work correctly.

I am attaching the revised file. I have changed the revision from R0 to R1.0 to avoid confusion.

I suspect "spam" post!
    Regards,
    Shrivallabha

VBAX Regular
    atc2323 is surely not me! so indeed... "spam"
    Thanks for your kind help
    Will check things out and then... hopefully start to use the sheet!

Greetz

JP