Consulting

Thread: Solved: Table not displaying properly

Solved: Table not displaying properly

Hi
    i have one table in word document

however it is not fully displayed on first page inspite of having sufficeint page left .
    I wants table to display utilising full page.

pls tell me how to do it

pls help on it !!!!
    A mighty flame followeth a tiny sparkle!!

VBAX Wizard
    You have two tables. Are you talking about the first table?

My mind-reader app tells me the symptom is that the second table doesn't start on the same page below the first table, even though there's plenty of room for most of the second table to go there.

The cause is that all the paragraphs in the first column of the second table are marked "Keep with next". Select the first column, go to Format > Paragraph > Line & Page Breaks, and clear the "Keep with next" check box.

This is the reverse of the question posed at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm, so the solution is also the reverse of the one given there.

Regards,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by fumei
    You have two tables. Are you talking about the first table?
    Yes I'm talking about first table.

Site Admin
    The Princess
    excelliot: Please address the answers provided. I want to help, but Jay has likely given a suitable resolution, and I don't know because you haven't said. If it does resolve your problem, go to the top of this thread and hit the Thread Tools dropdown and mark it solved.

Thanks! And Welcome to VBAX!
    ~Anne Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Freedman
    My mind-reader app tells me the symptom is that the second table doesn't start on the same page below the first table, even though there's plenty of room for most of the second table to go there.

The cause is that all the paragraphs in the first column of the second table are marked "Keep with next". Select the first column, go to Format > Paragraph > Line & Page Breaks, and clear the "Keep with next" check box.

This is the reverse of the question posed at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm, so the solution is also the reverse of the one given there.

Regards,
    Jay
    Thanks it is solved finally.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Guru MOS MASTER's Avatar

Regards,
    Jay
    Hi Jay,

Welcome to VBAX!

Nice to have a Word MVP on board.
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)