Consulting

Thread: ADO Connection Problems

ADO Connection Problems

Hi All,

I am attempting to connect to SQL Server using a connection string that works on all XP and some Windows 7 machines. Before I go any further the VBA program I have works fine and very quickly on most machines with the connection taking <1 second to complete.

On certain windows 7 machines I am finding that the .open command takes somewhere in the >120s to work. Once I have done this if I try it again the .open opens instantly as per the correct machines. Why is this the case and has any body else come across this?

I have installed my program on quite a few Windows 7 machines and initially always get the same results however in most cases either by changing permissions, security settings etc the problem eventually goes away. ie I must have done something to correct things.

I now have a few stubborn machines and for the life of me I can't work out what might be going on.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

VBAX Newbie
    I do have some classic ASP pages running on one server that do connect to mirroring DBs without ever having seen that problem. Reading through the KB article provided above it seems though that this is not actually a .Net error, but an error in the ADO.Net provider, which would mean that maybe there is the same problem in the SNAC (SQL Native Client). What version of the SNAC do you have installed? Did you get the latests service packs / cumulative updates applied on it? And could you maybe try SNAC 10.5 to confirm?