Dears, i havent been here for a long time. how are you all? hope that fine.
today whole the day i tried to write a macro - and now i am very bored, cuz i could not reach results i wanted.
what i am trying to do is
to prepare kind of a manual - which will contain questions - and besides there should be a button - pressing on which will run a macro. macro shall take me from this powerpoint to another powerpoint presentation and exactly the slide i want (for eg. 15th slide).
i managed opening the other powerpoint document, managed finding required slide, BUT
the thing is that this document is very very heave, containing 500 slides.
it would be very stupid opening this document at each question.
better to open it once and then go through required slides. i can write so that macro will be taking me to required slide - but what i could not manage is activating required powerpoint document.
i tryed several variants:
1) Presentation("C:\Users\u746068\Desktop\HSE\AHI-DB Introduction Febr 2011.ppt").Activate
2) Applications("AHI-DB Introduction Febr 2011.ppt").Activate
3) Presentations("AHI-DB Introduction Febr 2011.ppt").Activate
none of above works ((((((((
below one works ok
Sub Supply_and_Demand_Balancing()
Presentations.Open FileName:="C:\Users\u746068\Desktop\Knowledge HUB\Materials from Ravi\Role - IMC Demand Planner\1-IMC Demand Planner - Master Document (PPT).ppt", ReadOnly:=msoTrue

With Application.ActiveWindow
.ViewType = ppViewSlide
.View.GotoSlide 16
End With
End Sub

BUT opening this presentatin each macro run - takes around 5 minutes .
there should be easier way of activating document and going through slides
the best would be like
Presentations("AHI-DB Introduction Febr 2011.ppt").ActivateSlide(15).Activate

and so on for each questions answer
cuz writing with...view slide.. end with -is also a long way

one more quick question is - why i can not assign macro to a shape in powerpoint? i am assigning action - and this actino is active only in slideshow variant upon mouse click

thanks a lot experts, i rely on your support
have a nice day