Consulting

Thread: How to change the words size in Excel/VBA Help Window, not in Excel window?

How to change the words size in Excel/VBA Help Window, not in Excel window?

Hello, experts and fans,

I have a special question, I want the change the words size in the Microsoft Visual Basic Help window in Word or Excel. I don't mean the default word sizes in Word or Excel. Because the words in the Word Help Window or Excel Help Window are too small. For example if I search "Len Function" in Word 2007 Developer Reference, the words of the explanations and examples displayed in the help window are too small for me. I know I can choose "smallest, smaller, medium, larger, largest" in the Word or Excel Help Window, but even I use "largest", the words size is still not as large as I want.

Is there a way to make the words size bigger (than "largest") in Excel Visual Basic Help Window?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I have searched this for some time, but no outcome. I think all VBA developer will be benefited from this, small words in Help Window make eyes tired quickly.

Mac Moderator VBAX Guru mikerickson's Avatar
    It sounds like your OS might have controls that would help.
    In Mac, you could use System Preferences to zoom the screen.

Thumbs up Windows' Magnifier works!

Mikerickson and Kenneth Hobs, thanks a lot!

Window' Magnifier works.

But not perfectly, because every time I start it, it took some time to work. Maybe because I 'm too accustomed to "Ctrl+" in PDF file or Firefox. I hope there is also such a shortcut for VBA help window or a default choice with bigger words size.

Anyway, you guys have give me a good free lesson. I love Internet and this website more!

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    If you can get a second screen connected to your PC, you could try setting up different resolutions to "enlarge" on one of the screens.
    MVP (Excel 2008-2010)

Post a workbook with sample data and layout if you want a quicker solution.

To help indent your macros try Smart Indent

Please remember to mark threads 'Solved'