Consulting

Thread: backing up your macros?

backing up your macros?

I have approximately 30 modules on my PC, how should I back them up?
    Do you just do an export for each one into .bas files? I have one macro saved like that, that I shared with a coworker, and she has to import it into excel every time she needs to run it. How do you permanently import a script?

Thanks.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Export the files as .bas is probably the best way, but you could just save the workbooks.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Sage

I has the option to export all the modules and user forms in a workbook at once as .bas, etc. files to a seperate folder

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

• COM Add-In - The VBA Code Cleaner is now implemented as a COM add-in. This significantly improves the speed and stability of the program.
    • Export Code Files - This feature allows you to export all the code files from a project to the directory you specify without the need to perform a project cleaning.
    • Import Code Files - This feature allows you to import all code files from a specified directory into the project you select.
    • Automation - All features of the code cleaner are exposed to VBA through COM automation so you can create your own applications using the code cleaner as a component.
    • Help File and Source Code - A dramatically improved help file is included with this version along with the complete VB6 source code used to create the add-in.
    Paul

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Good point Paul, I have recommended that myself in the past, but had completely forgotten it

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber