Consulting

Thread: Display Pivot Table values in a userform

Display Pivot Table values in a userform

hello
    i created few pivot tables on a specific worksheet and i have another worksheet that contain pivot table filter in order to filter those pivot tables.
    i want to display one of the pivot table values in a user form that will popup after a selection is made and display the values of the pivot table.

thanks

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    You need to be much more specific as to what value you wish to display, is it a filter value, a value from the values area, a column, row, what if there are many etc.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

hi
    i want to display 2 columns.
    the first one is the column that is the filter and the second one is the values refer to the first column.
    for example,
    if the user choose a manager name in the first column then the second column will display all the projects that are in his responsibility.

Is the original data available, because it might be easier to get it from there?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

hi
    the original data is in another sheet which called "data"
    i use the pivot table for group values.
    i have many projects for each project manager and each manager has many project manager below him.

A1: =data!A1
    A2: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(IF(data!$B$1:$B$20="Bob",ROW(data!$B$1:$B$20)),ROW(A1))), "",
    INDEX(data!$A$1:$A$20,SMALL(IF(data!$B$1:$B$20="Bob",ROW(data!$B$1:$B$20)), ROW(A1))))

A2 is an array formula, and you copy it down as far as you need.

You can have the manager name in a cell and refer to that instead.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

thanks, but...
    how do i put it in a userform, so when the user will choose a name he'll get a popup form where the list of the project he's reponsible will apear.

I would suggest that you have a hidden sheet where you create the list that I showed earlier, then have a listbox on the userform that you load from that hidden sheet.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber