I figure the lack of response to my recent posts regarding invisible means I need to provide more detail. So, here goes.

I am updating PP 2010 slides from a series of spreadsheets. Accessing the spreadsheet has been easy. The following code:

Dim NameOfFile as String ‘SS file name
Dim XLBook as Object ‘ Spreadsheet book
Set XLBook = GetObject(NameOfFile) ‘ Access Excel file

This code accesses the spread sheet if it is either open or closed. Even better, if the spreadsheet is closed the command accesses the spreadsheet data without opening the spreadsheet in a window. Thus, the user can work on other things without being disturbed by spreadsheets opening and closing.

Accessing of the PP files that need to be updated has not gone quite as well. I open the PP files with the command:

Application.Presentations.Open (NameOfFile)

I then access the datasheet of the chart I want to update with the commands:

Dim myChart As Chart ' Chart object
Dim gChartData As ChartData ' Datasheet object
Set myChart = Application.Presentations(CurrentTMPF). _ Slides(CurrentTMPS).Shapes("bar-chart").Chart
Set gChartData = myChart.ChartData
myChart.ChartData.Activate
Set gWorkBook = gChartData.Workbook
Set gWorkSheet = gWorkBook.Worksheets(1)

The problem I have is that these commands open windows as they are accessing the files and datasheets. Thus, the user is bothered by slides and chart datasheets opening and closing on the screen. Is there a way to work with the PP slides, charts and datasheets without them opening in a window? The best I have been able to do is to minimize the PP windows as they open with the command:

Application.ActiveWindow.WindowState = ppWindowMinimized

However, the slides and datasheets still pop up and bother the user before they can be minimized. Does anyone have an idea how I can access the PP slides and charts while keeping them invisible as I am able to so with the spreadsheets I am accessing? Thanks.