Thread: Solved: Code to lookup values from sheet and automatically enter in another

VBAX Regular
    Solved: Code to lookup values from sheet and automatically enter in another

On sheet 1 I would like to enter a number/text into column A. The code would then look for that number anywhere on sheet 3 and put the adjacent data in the 2 cells next to it in columns B & C. Please see example. Thanks.

I enter the number below into column A

Sheet1

*ABC9ABC123**

It looks for the same that could be anywhere on sheet 3

sheet3

*EFG290ABC123TESTDATA

After lookup from sheet 3 it adds the data that is coloured yellow in columns B & C automatically

Sheet1

*ABC9ABC123TESTDATA
    ------------------------------------------------

Thanks For All Your Help

Windows 7

Excel 2010

Any codes I provide please try on a copy of your workbook first as these cannot be undone!

To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook (sensitive data scrubbed/removed/changed) that contains an example of your raw data on one worksheet, and on another worksheet your desired results.

The structure and data types of the sample workbook must exactly duplicate the real workbook. Include a clear and explicit explanation of your requirements.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Did you read your own strapline ... To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook ...

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    Did you read your own strapline ... To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook ...
    I had a lot of problems posting last night, the site was running really slow etc..

Does Excel Jeanie not work on here?

Thanks For All Your Help

Windows 7

Excel 2010

Any codes I provide please try on a copy of your workbook first as these cannot be undone!

To get the most precise answer, it is best to upload/attach a sample workbook (sensitive data scrubbed/removed/changed) that contains an example of your raw data on one worksheet, and on another worksheet your desired results.

The structure and data types of the sample workbook must exactly duplicate the real workbook. Include a clear and explicit explanation of your requirements.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I have no idea whether Excel Jeanie works here, I never use it. As I understand that is to embed Excel data in the web page. VBAX allows posting of workbooks, so just do that.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    I have no idea whether Excel Jeanie works here, I never use it. As I understand that is to embed Excel data in the web page. VBAX allows posting of workbooks, so just do that.
    Ok cheers mate.

Thanks For All Your Help

Windows 7

Excel 2010