Consulting

Thread: runtime 21474417848 (80010108)

runtime 21474417848 (80010108)

Hey,
    had a problem that has been kicking my ass and i finaly found the cause of the problem. Had a statement that set a rowsrouce to a SQL statemnt for a listbox. On over 200 client installs (500 + machines) this worked perfectly however we recieved a new client (in Saudi Arabia) and on their machines it refused to work...

After some indepth searching i pinned it down to the line of code and it was giving the above error code. after i hit debug and then play it worked find again, so i put in an error catch that just gave the same line of code again then returned and that resolved the problem for this client. However im curious WTF would cause this type of a problem!!?!?!?

if is my adjusted code, only difference is the error catching.

[VBA]Private Sub Command74_Click()
    If Not IsNull(Me.Ledger) Then
    On Error GoTo errclear
    DoCmd.OpenForm "ViewPayments"
    Forms("ViewPayments").Controls("PaymentList").RowSource = "Select * FROM Payments WHERE ServiceID = " & Me.Ledger
    Forms("ViewPayments").Controls("PaymentList").Requery
    On Error GoTo 0
    End If

errclear:
    Err.Clear
    Forms("ViewPayments").Controls("PaymentList").RowSource = "Select * FROM Payments WHERE ServiceID = " & Me.Ledger
    End Sub[/VBA]
    "From the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success" - Chitty chitty bang bang

"I fear not the man who has 10,000 kicks practiced once. I fear the man who has 1 kick practiced 10,000 times" - Bruce Lee

VBAX Regular
    I've had similar problems where stepping through the code worked but letting it run through produced an error and only on certain machines. i then had to resort to a simlar error trap like yours wehereby I wouuld just rerun the code. I put it down to slightly different timing between the machines.
    Regards
    JD
    ------------------------------------
    Software-Matters
    Dorset