Consulting

Thread: Solved: Help to copy the formula

VBAX Tutor
    Solved: Help to copy the formula

Hi ,
    Am trying to used this code to be place in a range but a having an error like this :

Application-defined or object-defined error

here is my code :

[VBA]Sub OverBook_Formula()
    starttime = Timer
    Dim lLR As Long

Sheets("loading").Activate
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect

LR = Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("loading").Range("AA53:AY" & LR)

.Formula = "=IF(OR($H53="",$R53="",$M53=""),0,IF(AA$51<$L53,0,IF(AA$51>=$L53,IF(0<($S5 3),MIN(($S53-SUM(Z53:$Z53)),$T53,SUMIF($Y$3:$Y$20,$Y53,AA$3:AA$20)))))) "

End With

End Sub[/VBA]

can i please have a guide on that.
    thanks.

hi.

[VBA]
    Sub OverBook_Formula()

Dim LR As Long

starttime = Timer

With Sheets("loading")
    .Unprotect
    LR = .Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row
    .Range("AA53:AY" & LR).Formula = "=IF(OR($H53="""",$R53="""",$M53=""""),0,IF(AA$51<$L53,0,IF(AA$51>=$L53,IF( 0<($S53),MIN(($S53-SUM(Z53:$Z53)),$T53,SUMIF($Y$3:$Y$20,$Y53,AA$3:AA$20))))))"
    End With

End Sub
    [/VBA]
    PLS DO NOT PM; OPEN A THREAD INSTEAD!!!

1) Posting Code
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE]
    (or paste your code, select it, click # button)

2) Uploading File(s)
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) (multiple files can be selected while holding Ctrl key) / Upload Files / Done
    Replace company specific / sensitive / confidential data. Include so many rows and sheets etc in the uploaded workbook to enable the helpers visualize the data and table structure. Helpers do not need the entire workbook.

3) Testing the Codes
    always back up your files before testing the codes.

4) Marking the Thread as Solved
    from Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)

1. You can use macro recorder. And write your formula in Excel. VBA will give R1C1 style formula. Its readability could be an issue as we are more used to reading A1 styled references more.

2. The other option is copy the formula from Excel and paste it in VBA.
    [VBA]=IF(OR($H53="",$R53="",$M53=""),0,IF(AA$51<$L53,0,IF(AA$51>=$L53,IF(0<($S53 ),MIN(($S53-SUM(Z53:$Z53)),$T53,SUMIF($Y$3:$Y$20,$Y53,AA$3:AA$20))))))[/VBA]
    Select this string and then do find and replace [Toggle on "Selected Text" option]:
    FIND : "
    REPLACE : ""
    and then wrap it with double quotes. It will look like the formula Macubus provided.
    [VBA].Formula = "=IF(OR($H53="""",$R53="""",$M53=""""),0,IF(AA$51<$L53,0,IF(AA$51>=$L53,IF( 0<($S53),MIN(($S53-SUM(Z53:$Z53)),$T53,SUMIF($Y$3:$Y$20,$Y53,AA$3:AA$20))))))"[/VBA]
    Regards,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shrivallabha
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using Excel 2016 in Home / 2010 in Office

VBAX Tutor

thanks a lot i have understand it now that it shall have always double quotes.
    it solved.

mnay thanks again.