Consulting

Thread: Access 2003 - code to change selected text in a field, to a different style?

Access 2003 - code to change selected text in a field, to a different style?

Hi there,

I've had a search and it is probable this question has been asked/answered before but I can't find it (not sure how it would be described or listed).

In Access 2003, is it possible through code to make selected text in a field to appear in italics - leaving the remaining text unchanged in appearance?

For example, the text field contains several paragraphs but where it includes a reference to legislation - eg "Property Act" - these two words need to appear in italics, while the rest of the text (before/after) is unchanged in appearance.

Would be ultra grateful for any help !

VBAX Mentor
    A more productive web search might be "access 2003 rich text".

I doubt I can offer much help. Apparently a previous ActiveX rich text control was disabled in Access 2003. I think FMS offers a commercial replacement ... "Total Access" something. And IIRC Stephen Lebans offers a free ActiveX replacement. You should find links with that web search.

If upgrading Access to 2007 or 2010 is an option for you, this could be easier because those newer versions include rich text support.

Outside of the Rich Text method, depending on your output, i.e. a browser control, you could just code to embed HTML tags around the field data.