Hi Everybody

I have a large record set (about 3.5 - 4 million records with 4 fields in each record). I want to write this to a text file. The resulting text file is approximately just under 200 mB file.

I tried to write record by record by string concatenating the fields and then using the Print # statement to write to a text file. Whilst it doesn't take awfully long time, it does take a little while to do so. I was wondering if there is a faster way to do the same thing.

The other option that I am looking at (it works but haven't time tested for the same data set yet) is to use the GetString() function with the appropriate arguments for comma delimited columns and vbCrLf delimited rows and then store the whole record set in to a single string and then use the Print# statement to write this string to a text file. This works but I have to time test it - I am looking at doing that tomorrow at work.

I am wondering if "TextStream.Write (string)" would be faster where 'string' would be the result from the GetString() function. Or is this much of a muchness in that I wouldn't be gaining a lot ether way?
Any suggestions on this would be highly valued.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Deepak