Hey,
I have discovered a problem some of our clients are having where by after a word document is closed or our access database is closed. There is still a process running for it in the task manager even though it can't be viewed on the desktop.

This can cause issues when our users try to edit word documents that are still in use by these running processes. And can cause major system slow downs when they have 5 or 6 access processes running that they can't see.

What i would like to do is try and figure out a way to loop through all open instances of these programs (MSACCESS.exe and MSWord.exe) check to see if they are visible or not and then end the process if it is not, or if there are processes detected. Ask the user if they wish to end them (that parts easy).

What i am after is a spring board to get me started on this project. I am familiar with starting instances of programs (we create instances of word all the time to generate reports). However looping through existing instances of applications is not somthing i am familiar with and my initial searches have yielded little fruit. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look or any sample code to get me going i would apriciate it!

Thanks in advance